Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snow day. . . .take two!

Okay, so since it only snows here about every 5 years or so, we had to indulge more than once! Most of you probably know that I AM a princess, so I go out in it only long enough to take some cute pictures and then I am done! (after all, the kids need SOMEONE to make the hot chocolate and dry their clothes! :) Thank goodness for my oldest kid. . . . . . . .Darrell! He is the one that is so fun to play with (with or withOUT snow!) Day 2 brought enough sun to make the snow wet enough to stick, so we finally got our snowman! Grammy will be happy to know that the "coal" Darrell got in his stocking for Christmas came in handy for some really cool "eyes" for Frosty! His carrot nose was complements of Kayden from her kitchen, and he got some gorgeous "pearly whites" from Kevin's 'collection'. (I always knew allowing him to collect rocks and sticks would come in handy! ;) I am always amazed how he is "all boy" and the girls are so . . . "girly"! They are truly all growing up so fast and becoming so much a 'boy' and 'girl' that it almost hurts! I am often in awe as I watch them grow, and just pray that while we always thought we were doing "right" by them, that we have done our job as parents as well as could possibly be done.



After yesterday's big snow, I knew Kody would be curious, but it was really funny to see him experience it for the first time! He bounced like a bunny yesterday, but then got such horrible frozen "balls" of snow in his hair, I thought getting him to even go out to do his "business" would be tough, but not MY dog! He decided to just bury his face in it and get the cold part out of the way, I suppose! He was pretty cute to watch!

After building Frosty, Daddy promised a snowball fight, so the kids got what they asked for! It always amazes me how there is only 1 of Darrell, and 3 kids, yet he gets the best of them every time! I am proud of the kids for not giving up, though, and have to say, Kylie got her Daddy GOOD with a snowball - right in the side of the head! All in all, it makes me so proud to be a wife and a mom! I could not have asked for a more wonderful husband - I have said more than once God make him just for me (ahhh. . . that is another blog for another time! :) And our children, (although frustrating at times!) are my 3 biggest blessings ever. Who would have ever thought through infertility and miscarriage, struggles and disappointments we would have THREE beautiful, amazing children!? Anyway, I digress. . . .

Now that we have had the snow, I am quite ready for spring! I am not sure that "old man winter" is quite done with us yet, though! I had heard it would be a tough winter, so I am not sure that only one little snow will satisfy him! One can only hope. . . .

Stay warm!

Love,
Shannon
















1 comment:

Our4GreatKids said...

Glad you got your snowman!! Love all of the pictures!!! Unfortunately, James had to go to work on our snowday, so he didn't get to play in it w/the kids... that is the part I dislike the most about him running a production facility... keep the posts coming, dear friend!