Wow! What an awesome day it was today! I cannot even believe that my whol

e family got to be home together today and not only play in the snow, but got to witness history, as well! What an amazing experience! I know that I could have never shared the innauguration with the children as intimately as watching it live with them. Can you imagine trying to explain to two 6 1/2 year olds, "well, President Obama placed his hand on a very old Bible and said some words, then he became our 44th president"? Just don't think it would have meant the same! I hope that our country - our nation - is now on a path of peace and a re-newed sense of hope. When we pray at night, we are certainly aware of how many families are in desperate need. So many out of jobs, fighting illnesses, and several we know are having marrital dischord. So many need to feel His touch, and sense His movement in their lives, that it almost makes me feel a tad guilty that we have felt Him so much this week!
Playing in the snow was a fun distraction from our "real lives" today. I just wish we could have gotten a better snowman out of the deal! ;) I guess we can't have it all! (*LOL*) At least we have one more day off before "returning to normal programming" - our crazy, busy lives! Maybe tomorrow we will get that

snowman yet. . . .
Still doing the snow dance!
Love,
Shannon
No comments:
Post a Comment